- YouTube Mobile App – great for recording and uploading mobile videos!
- How to make a YouTube playlist
- Dropbox File Requests – a great way to easily collect files from students (or peers!)
- Get Real – video recording tips and workflows from San Diego Community College District.
- Custom Course Banners – a service provided to faculty by Teaching & Learning Innovations at CSU Channel Islands.
A screencast is a video recording of your computer screen. Screencasts are excellent for creating visual tutorials or micro-lectures.
- TechSmith Products
- Camtastia (premium product, includes robust editing functionality)
- Snagit (lower cost product than Camtasia, includes ability to record videos of your screen and take still images of your screen. Images can be annotated. Videos can be trimmed, but not edited.)
- Jing – free. Records up to 5-minute videos of your screen, but no trimming or editing. Take still images of your screen and annotate the images.
- ScreenFlow – for Mac only, premium software with robust recording and editing functions.
- Screencast-o-matic – web-based. Free and premium account options.
Hosting Content Online:
If you have files on your computer that you want to share via a link/URL, you must first host it. The tools below are options you might consider.
- YouTube (videos)
- Vimeo (videos)
- Dropbox (all file types)
- TIP! Dropbox File Requests – a great way to easily collect files from students (or peers!)
- Showcase! Custom Course Banners – a service provided to faculty by Teaching & Learning Innovations at CSU Channel Islands.